Quality. Competence. Integrity.
We strive to exceed expectations.
We are experts in food safety and focus on the people-side of food safety – the “soft stuff” is the “hard stuff”.
We will tell you the truth even if it hurts.
What Makes Us Different
We focus on advancing food safety culture. In addition to our technical expertise and certifications in food safety and quality, we have exceptional “soft” skills—the interpersonal skills that enable us to work with people and truly influence behaviour change.
Our team brings specialist knowledge and experience in
- Adult education and training—we plan learning events to make training “stick”
- Interpersonal relations—we help people work better with others
- Leadership development—we train and coach supervisors/managers to develop and enhance their skills and confidence in dealing with people and influencing change.
- Group facilitation—we excel at:
- encouraging participation
- creative problem-solving
- strategic planning
Our technical expertise and certifications include
- Food handler training so your staff will get the information they need
- Allergen management so you can prevent cross contamination
- HACCP plan development to get your food safety plan established or streamlined
- Training – Institute for Performance and Learning (Canada) Certified Training and Development Professionals
- Coaching – International Coach Federation accredited training
Food safety and quality auditing so you can get ready for third-party audits under BRC, SQF, FSSC, IFS and Canada GAP
Our vision is to be a leader in advancing the culture of food safety around the world.
Our values of quality, competence and integrity guide what we do and how we do it.
We are committed to
- Continuous improvement,
- Doing things right the first time, and
- Doing the right things.
Who we are
Brita Ball, principal consultant, is a food safety specialist and an accomplished trainer and facilitator. She works internationally from her base in Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
Brita has worked in most areas of the food chain, including production, processing, distribution, inspection and auditing. She has also been involved in food safety training, communications, research and policy development. This experience has put her in several spotlights. Brita has
- Presented at provincial, national and international events
- Appeared in national news about food safety
- Written articles and book chapters
Brita holds PhD, MSc and BSc (Agr) degrees from the Department of Food Science, University of Guelph, where she taught Food Plant Sanitation and Quality Control. She also taught Milk Quality and Processing at Kemptville College.
She is currently advises graduate students in Food Safety and Quality Assurance and in Capacity Development at the University of Guelph. She holds Adjunct Faculty status in Capacity Development, where she completed an MSc in extension, focusing on adult learning and leadership development. Her research interests include qualitative and quantitative investigation of food safety culture, management system implementation, communication and training, leadership and organizational development, and behaviour change.
In her spare time, Brita enjoys curling, running, yoga and volunteering with various community groups.