Quality. Competence. Integrity.
We strive to exceed expectations.
We are experts in food safety and focus on the people-side of food safety – the “soft stuff” is the “hard stuff”.
We will tell you the truth even if it hurts.
What Makes Us Different
We focus on advancing food safety culture. In addition to our technical expertise and certifications in food safety and quality, we have exceptional “soft” skills—the interpersonal skills that enable us to work with people and truly influence behaviour change.
Our team brings specialist knowledge and experience in
- Adult education and training—we plan learning events to make training stick and have experts to design effective online learning
- Interpersonal relations—we help people work better with others
- Leadership development—we train and coach supervisors and managers to develop and enhance their skills and confidence in dealing with people and influencing change
- Leading groups—we excel at:
- encouraging participation
- creative problem-solving
- strategic planning
Our technical expertise and certifications include
- Food safety training that meets government requirements (including PCQI and food handler training) so your staff will get the information they need
- Allergen management so you can prevent cross contamination
- HACCP plan development to get your food safety plan established or streamlined
- Training – Certified Training and Development Professionals (CTDP) with the Institute for Performance and Learning
- Coaching – Accredited coach training, recognized by the International Coaching Federation and others
Food safety and quality auditing so you can get ready for third-party audits under BRC, SQF, FSSC, IFS and Canada GAP
Our vision is to be a leader in advancing the culture of food safety around the world.
Our values of quality, competence and integrity guide what we do and how we do it.
We are committed to
- Continuous improvement,
- Doing things right the first time, and
- Doing the right things.
Who we are
Dr. Brita Ball, CEO and Principal Consultant and Coach, is a food scientist and a social scientist. She brings her skills in both areas to bridge the gap between the technical side and the people side of food safety. She works internationally from her base in Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
Dr. Ball has worked in most areas of the food chain, including production, processing, distribution, inspection and auditing. She has also held positions in food safety training, technical communications, research and policy development. This experience has put her in several spotlights. Dr. Ball has
- Presented at provincial, national and international events
- Appeared in national news about food safety
- Written articles and book chapters
Dr. Ball is currently a sessional instructor in the Food Science Department at the University of Guelph where she has taught food science communication, food plant sanitation and quality control among other courses. Her PhD, MSc (FSQA) and BSc (Agr) degrees are from the Department of Food Science, University of Guelph, Dr. Ball also holds an MSc in rural extension, also from the University of Guelph, which focused on adult learning and leadership development.
You might think with all the University of Guelph degrees and teaching that she was stuck in the city. There’s a longer story with multiple jobs in multiple locations around the world. She has also taught at Kemptville College and St. Lawrence College, and has been a graduate student advisor in the food safety programs at Michigan State University as well as U of Guelph. She also held Adjunct Faculty status in Capacity Development, where she completed an MSc in extension. Her research interests include qualitative and quantitative investigation of food safety culture, management system implementation, communication, training, leadership development, and behaviour change.
In her spare time, Brita enjoys curling, running, yoga and volunteering with various community groups.